10000ppm Free Chlorine Test Strips
Kill resistant bacteria & viruses even in the presence of blood/feces with 10,000ppm chlorine bleach; only $24.95 per 100 test strips. Lowest cost per test anywhere and with fast, reliable results.
Effective for norovirus in hospitals, daycare and seniors homes. Use our chlorine bleach dilution calculator to take out the guesswork.
Click on the Tabs below for additional information.
Current Reviews: 1
Having trouble trying to calculate how to prepare a 1000, 2500, 5000, 10,000 (or other) ppm chlorine solution? Use our chlorine bleach dilution calculator to take out the guesswork or watch the video:
Chlorine bleach at high concentrations is an effective germicide for dangerous pathogens including viruses such as Ebola, bacteria such as MRSA (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus) staph infections & Clostridium difficile, found ever more frequently in hospitals and other health care facilities. However, the removal of free chlorine by organic contamination (blood/feces) can seriously reduce the sanitizing effects of chlorine cleaning solutions. To ensure the 1000ppm minimum strength for adequate disinfection, much higher initial concentrations, up to 10,000ppm (1%) chlorine levels are recommended to counteract this. These strips are very simple to use. Simply dip a strip into the bleach solution so that the indicator pad is fully immersed. Then withdraw and compare to the color chart on the vial.
Note(1): If vial is properly stoppered, strips have a 2 year shelf life.
Note(2): These strips measure free (available) chlorine
Note(3): The number of strips per pack or vial is approximate.
The following table shows how much bleach is needed to make up different concentrations of disinfectant based on an initial concentration of 5% (most store bought bleach sold in North America is rated at 5.25% but loses strength with time).
- Choose a container large enough to hold the final amount of diluted bleach you want to make.
- Measure & pour into the container the amount of 5% (initial) chlorine bleach you need.
- Fill the container with water to the level of the Final Volume.
- For concentrations other than 5%, use our Bleach Dilution Calculator to determine what you need.
- If you are unfamiliar with millilitres (mL), you can use this Metric to American volume converter.
- If you don't have the exact measuring tool, round up not down. i.e. for 47.5ml use a 1/4 cup.
|Amount of 5% Chlorine Bleach to Make Final Volume|
|11.25||22.5||45||225ml (US cup)|
|47.5||95||190||950ml (US Quart)|
|190||380||760||3.8L (US Gal.)|
- Note: If vial is properly stoppered, strips have a 2 year shelf life.
- Note: These strips measure free (available) chlorine
- Note: The number of strips per pack or vial is approximate.
You can view the structure of the chemical indicator for this strip by clicking on: 3,3’,5,5’ – tetramethylbenzidine.
5 Stars 2018-06-20
Good product. Will definitely order again.