Sanitizer Test Strips
Indigo brand sanitizer test strips, 2 year shelf life + 100 strips/vial.
Chlorine, quat, peroxide, PAA test strips in 2-6 versions for low, high & very high levels.
Made in USA to highest standards: Low price, quality & quantity beat "free" freight.
- fast response time-just seconds
- easy to read, accurate color charts
- white backing ensures best contrast color chart comparisons
- stiff plastic support for dipping into tubes, gaps, etc.
- 2 year shelf life if kept tightly closed
- SDS data sheets available
Three Compartment Sink Procedures
Food safety regulations for restaurants are strictly enforced in most cities. Fortunately, the rules are easy to follow.
All you havet to do is wash, rinse, sanitize and air dry your dishes, utnesila and glassware using a sink with 3 basins (compartments).
- The first sink basin has hot water (35C/95F) and soap to clean the utensils, dishes & glasses
- The second sink basin has hot water to rinse the soap off.
- The third sink basin has warm water (25C/75F) and a sanitizer to kill remaining germs.
- Step 4 uses a rack to hold the utensils, dishes & glasses for air drying.
You can do this with the following sanitizers: chlorine at 50 or 100ppm, quat at 200ppm or iodine at 25ppm.
Chlorine and Quat are by far the most important sanitizers. The table below lists their pros & cons. Peroxide use is more specialized for things like hot tubs and contact lens cleaners where skin/eye sensitivity can be an issue.
|Effective on a wide variety of bacteria||Can be corrosive|
|Not affected by hard water||Can be irritating to the skin|
|Generally inexpensive||Deteriorates over time|
|Loses some activity in the presence of organic matter|
|Not affected by hard water||Effectiveness decreases greatly with increase in pH|
|Less irritating to the skin than chlorine||Should not be used in water > 50°C|
|Activity is not lost rapidly in the presence of organic matter||May also discolor equipment and surfaces|
Quaternary Ammonium Compounds (QAC):
|Nontoxic, odorless, colorless, noncorrosive, nonirritating||Slower at killing some microorganisms|
|Relatively stable in the presence of organic matter||Not compatible with some detergents|
|Active over a wide pH range||Not compatible with hard water|