1000ppm Free Chlorine
Use Indigo brand 0-1000ppm chlorine test strips, when you have to meet strict government regulations for food preparation & handling on cruise ships or seniors' homes. Only $17.95 for one pack of 100 strips; save on volume.
Use our free Chlorine Bleach Dilution Calculator to take out the guesswork.
Click on the Tabs below for additional information.
Current Reviews: 1
You can use our bleach dilution calculator to correctly calculate the amount of bleach & water needed to prepare the ppm levels indicated above. This calculator will allow for any concentration of chlorine bleach to be used to prepare a sanitizing/disinfecting solution. Watch the video:
In the case of cruise ships, food borne illnesses could spread rapidly because of the relatively crowded conditions and overwhelm on board health care facilities. These high level, 1000ppm (0.1%) chlorine test strips will determine in seconds whether your chlorine bleach solutions are at the higher strengths required.
Simply dip a strip into the bleach solution, ensuring that the small indicator pad is fully immersed for a few moments. Withdraw the strip and compare to the color chart on the pack for immediate, accurate readings.
The following table shows how much bleach is needed to make up different concentrations of disinfectant based on an initial concentration of 5% (most store bought bleach sold in North America is rated at 5.25% but loses strength with time).
- Choose a container large enough to hold the final amount of diluted bleach you want to make.
- Measure & pour into the container the amount of 5% (initial) chlorine bleach you need.
- Fill the container with water to the level of the Final Volume.
- For concentrations other than 5%, use our Sanitizer Dilution Calculator to determine what you need.
- If you are unfamiliar with millilitres (mL), you can use this Metric to American volume converter.
- If you don't have the exact measuring tool, round up not down. i.e. for 47.5ml use a 1/4 cup.
|Amount of 5% Chlorine Bleach to Make Final Volume|
|~1.25 (1/4tsp)||~2.5 (1/2tsp)||~5 (1tsp)||~25 (1 fl. oz.)|
|5||10||20||100ml (US Quart)|
|190||380||760||3.8L (US Gal.)|
- Note: If vial is properly stoppered, strips have a 2 year shelf life.
- Note: These strips measure free (available) chlorine
- Note: The number of strips per pack or vial is approximate.
You can view the structure of the chemical indicator for this strip by clicking on: 3,3’,5,5’ – tetramethylbenzidine.
Here is a brief note from the Center for Disease Control on how to reduce the risk of getting a norovirus based illness on cruise ships, in nursing homes, daycare of schools.
5 Stars 2019-05-27
Indigo Instruments was great to work with. My package arrived in a timely matter and they contacted me following my delivery to make sure everything made it okay. I am very please with my service from this company.